Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ashamed of Christ

Though Obama has claimed to be a Christian, it seems that his actions dictate otherwise.
We cannot know what is in a man's soul, so I will not go so far as to say that he is not.
But we can only judge a man's belief by its fruits, in other words, his actions.

So let us take as an example Obama's recent speech at Georgetown University, in which the name of Christ, or rather a symbolic monogram representing His name, was covered up by request of Obama's team.

Amidst all of the American flags and presidential seals, there was something missing when President Barack Obama gave an economic speech at Georgetown University this week -- Jesus.

The White House asked Georgetown to cover a monogram symbolizing Jesus' name in Gaston Hall, which Obama used for his speech, according to CNSNews.com.

The gold "IHS" monogram inscribed on a pediment in the hall was covered over by a piece of black-painted plywood, and remained covered over the next day, CNSNews.com reported.


Most people who are not Catholic (the majority of Americans) would not even notice the symbol, nor associate the letters "IHS" with Christ. The exaggerated care taken by Obama's team seems to indicate that he wishes not even a remote association with his claimed savior.

As we have earlier seen, however, he does not seem to have an issue with bowing to Muslim leaders.

Though I dismissed earlier claims that he was a secret Muslim as conspiratorial, the evidence that he is at least more sympathetic towards that belief system than to his alleged Christian faith is beginning to mount.

You will note on this blog that I do capitalize the words Islam, Muslim, Allah, etc. I do not go out of my way to disrespect people by disrespecting their faith, even if I know that the God of my faith is the true One, and theirs is not. However, Obama's actions go beyond merely showing respect for people.

First there was his slip of the tongue naming the number of Islamic states instead of US states, then his slip of the tongue in referring to "my muslim faith", and most recently his bowing to a Muslim leader when no one else at the G20 did. All these things are rather suspect.

I don't know if they are all purely circumstancial and accidental or not, but I do know one thing...

"But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained." -1 Samuel 2:30


-()4|<.

2 comments:

Sensei said...

Ju, you're absolutely right, I didn't go on to talk about the parable since I felt my entry was long enough already, but that emphasizes the same theme. In using that parable, Obama quoted the man whose name he concealed, who was the very point of the parable. Twisting it out of context, while denying its author.

It's more reminiscent of misused scripture during a certain period of testing in the desert, methinks...

-()4|<.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, covering "INS" is emblematic of our problems in this country.
We've for decades either tried to cover up or remove God from our government, country, and lives.