Friday, November 21, 2008

Obama's Cabinet

After the NY Times "semi-kinda-almost-got confirmation" from Hilary* on her selection as Secretary of State, and the announcing of Bill Richardson, all I have heard on the News is "What kind of 'CHANGE' did Obama mean?! How is he delivering this 'Chaaaaange' by dragging in the ideological struggle figures from the 90s?!" "How is this CHANGE if he is just dragging out the same people? With the same arguments!?" "...William Ayers!!!" (Okay, maybe not that last one. But you get the idea)


Now, as someone who completely disagrees with Obama on every platform (Trust me, I took the online quiz--ha, 98% DISAGREE, thank you! ;) ), I want to just voice this:
The man isn't in office yet. Why don't we save our criticism for when he has completely assembled his cabinet, and has attempted to follow-up on his expectations and promises. Let's see what his plans are. While I can agree with what is being said (about the recycling of the same people), I'm not going to do to Obama what so many did to Bush the past 8 years.

This man is going to be our President. As an American, I am willing to give him a chance.

(And no, that wasn't a sarcastic post, or a pessimistic "well, at least until they run the country into the ground! hahaha!" I do not expect failure, nor do I wish it. I hope that he does live up to his promises, and I hope he does make all the ills in this country better.)

* Please note that I am trying so much harder and I did refrain from referring to our supposed new Sec. of State as "Hitlery" or "Hellary" or "Hilary Rod-HamLegs" in this post. Until now...

Just a thought. I think Hilary accepted this position in hopes that Bill likes Secretaries as much as he likes Interns...

Okay, that was bad. I had to get that out of my system. I'm done.

-W

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please Caleb...

It's Hilary Rotting-HamLegs!

Sorry, but yeah, I can see your point and I can agree with you.

Sensei said...

Heh, Matt, I think this one is from Whitney.

Yes, Obama's cabinet selections have been interesting. He's clearly not an idiot. "Change" works great for garnering votes from a dissatisfied populace, but now that he's president-elect he wants people with political experience on his team. And he probably knows he won't get a single thing done without the backing of congressional Dem's.

The_CSM said...

Just to confirm: This article is not mine.

Is this Whitney's return to blogging?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the "W" Stands for Whitney.

And hang on! I have blogged! It just seems like a while because they've been bumped back because Joseph writes every hour now.

Sensei said...

Psh, don't pretend you haven't been cruelly depriving us of your feminine political wiles as of late. Your last one was Sept. 14th.

And I am not even blogging once a day. I'm mainly just practicing until we get more traffic through here, but I figure I'd at least hit a few high points each week. It's fun, and ScribeFire makes it almost too convenient.

Anonymous said...

Right. And my Sept 14th one was REALLY good and it drained me. Besides, I find quite of late that I am growing weary and annoyed at politics.

Sensei said...

Haha, I see. Well, hope you'll still make it over to post here occasionally. I get tired of listening to only myself...